Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas

Ever since I got old, maybe around 17, Christmas hasn’t been the same as it was when I was a kid. That is…until I moved to Lille! They turned the lights on about a week ago and the whole city is Christmas crazy! There are lights and garland EVERYWHERE, all the storefronts are Christmas themed, and they play Christmas music in the center. Also, there is a huge ferris wheel in the center surrounded by fake snow and Christmas trees…it’s awesome! In another of the big squares there is a Christmas market where the booths are little log cabins. They sell all kinds of crafts and gifts along with sugar waffles, crepes, cider, French style pizzas, and hot wine (haven’t tried it…I’m a little scared). Sometimes I like to just walk around the streets at night b/c it’s so pretty and festive!

No comments: