Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lille Weather

It got cold…not terrible cold, just winter cold. We had a huge snow on Sunday that was a lot of fun but they say it doesn’t snow much here. Also the ground is pretty much always wet from the daily rain…no big deal until it got cold and now in the morning when I walk to the train station its all ice! Should be familiar to me I know but its kind of hard to maneuver without blades!! People are falling down everywhere and it’s pretty funny until you eat it on the steps! The biggest difference in the whether is that in France, I have to be tough and deal with it more. If it’s cold in NC, I only have to endure it for the 5 min. walk to and from the car. Here, my only means of transportation is walking so I’m outside in the elements weather it rains, snows, or hails (which I have been caught in a few times)! I’ve learned to live with wet toes…apparently my southern boots aren’t waterproof enough for Lille!

No comments: