Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back in France

After 3 long flights, one missed connection, 2 trains, and one very long walk back to the apartment, I'm back! I wonder if it was a good idea to go home for Christmas. I loved it so much I just wanted to stay in Cary with my friends and family. Now its 5 whole months before I get to see any of them again. The good news is that I have 4 weeks of paid vacation and I don't have to work this week except for Thursday.
Everything here is the same so far. Even the Christmas decorations are still up in the streets. My roomate has aquired a boyfreind over the holidays so that will be a little different but he is nice and I approve! Im having coffee with the other assistants today so we can catch up on everyone's break.
Not too much going on yet...I'm looking up travel costs for my vacations in hopes of curing my homesickness. I need to take advantage of living in Europe and cheap airlines!!!
Also the sales start tomorow!! In France there are 3 big sales a year but no ongoing sales throughout the year. It was wierd being home and at the back of every store there was a sale section...I miss it! Besides the sales, I already miss everyone from home. THANKS so much for making my Christmas trip better than I imagined!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need you mailing address, please. Jeanne Marie